Saturday, May 26, 2007

Doctor, doctor!

Hubby had the pins removed from his wrist the other day. My dad took him to the hospital while I spent the afternoon with the kids.
First, I was the "patient."
A four-year-old doctor attached a toy blood pressure cuff to my arm and said, squeezing it so the needle rotated in a constant circle, "Mommy, it's 7:30 o'clock in your body."
A six-year-old doctor took my temperature with a toy thermometer and announced, "Your mouth is on fire!".
At which point the two-year-old doctor came running and gave me a shot in my belly. Which actually hurt more than a real shot in my belly would have.
Then it was my turn as the doctor, and all three kids ended up in "casts" just like daddy. Three less Ace Bandages in the medical emergency kit; three happy kids who are "just like daddy" with their arms wrapped up.
Despite the fears of hubby's general anesthesia and the guilt of not being able to join him at the hospital, it was a GREAT afternoon!

No comments: