Monday, August 6, 2007

I need a fakashin

(That's vacation, spelled phonetically by a six-year-old.)
I am currently on the Trip From Hell. Today's series of three flights began at o'dark thirty (6:10 AM) and took me through more airports than I care to see in a day.
The customs lady summed it up pretty well with her incredulous question, "You're here in Canada for less than two days?"
Yes ma'am.
I am finally checked into my hotel, waiting for room service.
And on the way back I leave at o'dark thirty again (this time 6:00 on the nose), yet don't return home until after 10 PM that night. Seven - count them, seven! - lovely hours at the Minneapolis airport. Then two more flights. (On the bright side....I'll be leaving the Airport Without Free Wireless for a few hours to visit with a friend.)
Ugh.
And when I logged into Delta this morning, I saw there are nine more itineraries for me over the coming few months. NINE.
Double ugh.
The last thing I want to be thinking about is planning another trip....but the kids really, really, really, really want to take an "airplane fakashin." So much so that it warranted a note officially requesting such, penned by the eldest but including all three signatures.
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing snow this winter. I miss the seasons terribly! And I do have oodles of miles saved up.
The schools are giving a full week off for Thanksgiving this year. There's also two solid weeks around Christmas and New Years. Christmas will always be an "at-home" holiday for us....but as of the 26th... New Year's isn't really even a holiday in my book.
Hmmmmm......Jackson Hole, maybe? Rocky Mountains? Dakota?

2 comments:

TxGambit said...

If I ordered you some snow, would you visit me in Texas? :)

Hang in there!!!!! Hugs.

Gretchen said...

You're always welcome here... ;)