Thursday, July 26, 2007

Laser, Wax or Razor?

I've yet to understand the purpose behind body hair.

Millions - maybe billions! - of dollars are spent each year to remove it. Those who choose not to spend the money on removal, should.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(No, that is not photoshopped!! I've seen similar expressions of fandom with my own eyes. This is merely one example of NASCAR back-fur that is out there for the world to see.)

I've always been a shaver, and still shave certain parts of my body each morning. Schick, Gillette, Venus, Bic....I've tested them all. I have yet to find a razor that doesn't irritate my skin, and the hair begins visibly returning within hours.

So...enter waxing. I've tried that, too. The self-inflicted hilarity of home waxing kits deserves another post unto itself; definitely a task best left to professionals! Which I have also tried, thanks to the coaxing of friends. For me, its provided a better result than shaving, but all the stories of "months to grow back" and "it grows back finer each time" have proven false. Perhaps my hairy heritage comes into play? I fear I may be the only person on earth with a two-week life span for Brazilians.

I've started to give serious consideration to laser hair removal. It's expensive, but permanent.
Oh, to never see stubble again.....

And you??

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

Oh gosh girl! I have tried everything myself and I have a horrible reaction. I get really bad ingrown hairs.... even when doing waxing. Something about the way my hair grows. Gross I know!

Laser hair removal is in my future. I can just see it.

That guy sure is a fan, huh? I'm sure Dale is smiling down at him and wondering, what the heck dude, put on a shirt!!!