Saturday, April 14, 2007

His, Hers and Mine

My old college roomate visited from Michigan a few days ago. She was on vacation at Disney with her two girls (3 and 5) and her boyfriend - she's divorced - and his two boys (6 and 8). His two and her two got along famously with my three, and the group became fast friends. LOUD friends.
It was a very relaxing day - casual playtime at my house while the adults chatted, a walk to the park, hot dogs for a simple dinner and a trip to McDonald's in the rain for ice cream (because the cute local frozen custard place has no indoor seating).
It's really nice to see her. I realize that I don't spend enough time with friends. Most of them live far away; I should really branch out and develop more local relationships, beyond our neighbors...

3 comments:

TxGambit said...

Sounds like fun!

Most of my friends, like you, live so far away! I do have local, in real life friends too but we don't get to see each other as much as we would like.

I need more friends too.

Mrs. Wheezer said...

I need more time. I have friends, but I rarely see them since I am so wrapped up in day-to-day overscheduling. :(

MamaMaven said...

Sounds like fun. There is nothing like an old friend to make you feel good. My best friends are all back in Ohio or spread out elsewhere. It is so nice that when we do see each other its like we saw each other yesterday.