Friday, April 20, 2007

P'hoenix

Yes I spelled that correctly.
Remember the FedEx commercial from a while ago, that came out right after they bought Kinko's? A guy walked into the store and said he wanted to ship something to P'hoenix?
Ever since then, I can't think of the city as Phoenix....
And here I am. Arrived Thursday evening, just in time for a dinner reception. Facilitated a big conference on Friday AM (which went very well!), jet-lagged as hell, and then went to the race until 1 AM body-time. And here I am now. Like the Energizer bunny, LOL.
My skin itches. My lips are cracked. My hair is full of static electricity. My body does not like dry air. I am quite accustomed to the humid climate I live in, and as soon as I travel somewhere dry, it rebels.
Ugh.
One more day at the racetrack and then a red-eye back tomorrow evening, with a lovely 3-hour layover starting at 5 AM on Sunday.
Not fun.
I miss my kids. Traveling sucks.
I guess we can consider this a whine post....
Goodnight.

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

I watched the race. Didn't know you were there! I have been trying to keep up with Ragan but not well.

Hope you get some rest.